Since my platform is to fight against portraying media images, I decided to go to our local elementary school and speak to the young grades 1,2, 3 and 4.. I told them about my title and what i wanted to do with it, I really wanted to get the young kids a chance at making a difference to. I explained the poverty levels our world has, and to be thankful for everything they had. I encouraged the young students to start thinking about what they wanted to be when they grew up and how they wanted to make a difference. Alot of them were so happy and joyful, with very clever answers and questions. I than offered to help paint the railings a new color, it was so fun, especially when they wanted to get goofy and finger paint some of the recycling boxes. I definitely felt a great joy when the young kids surrounded me with laughter and smiles. I am sure my message and advice for the younger was well listened to 🙂
- Click here to apply!
- Click here to view this years winner!
- Click here to view all the latest blog posts on the Miss Teen Blog Network
Miss Teen Videos
Watch the Look Good, Feel Good, Do Good video created by the 2012 Miss Teen contestants! Sponsored by Aveda Institute Canada
- Bells and Bows Bridal - Where Modern Chic meets Timeless Elegance.
- Find Bells and Bows Bridal on Facebook.
- Cardiac Kids is a volunteer group who raise much-needed funds for children who are suffering from congenital heart disease.
- Free The Children is an international charity and educational partner, working both domestically and internationally to empower and enable youth to be agents of change.